Friday, October 3, 2008

Solar Imaging Session - October 3, 2008 (Wow ! Very Large Eruptive Prominence !)

Hello:

After a long spell of no solar observation and imaging, I thought the Sun this morning was another boring day for me to view it. But much to my surprise, when I pointed my PST-Ha on the solar limb for more closeup inspection, I was surprised to see a very large eruptive prominence hiding itself from my view through the eyepiece! It was very beautiful but a bit faint (reason why I didn't detect it when I view it visually) and the largest prominence that I got to image so far for me this year. After more than 5 hours, I inspect the prominence again and it is almost gone! Image taken using ATK-1HS I webcam on Coronado PST-Ha and 2x barlow lens. Seeing is fair at 1/5 scale.

No comments: