Saturday, February 7, 2009

JANUARY 26, 2009 PARTIAL SOLAR ECLIPSE IN BOARDWALK , LUNETA

Hello:

I was with the members of the Astronomical League of the Philippines to document and image the partial solar eclipse that will be visible before sunset. The sky that afternoon was not that good but about 30 minutes past 1st contact, the Sun suddenly pops out of the thick clouds to let us view the already eclipsed Sun. I initially image the eclipsed Sun through my TV-101 refractor with 2x barlow thus giving a larger solar disk as seen below:
5:06 PM PST (Phil Standard Time)

5:37 PM PST
5:38 PM PST

After 5:38pm, the clouds again covered up the sky and made its final grand show a few minutes before sunset. When I saw that the Sun will set behind the freighter ship and my original 2x barlow image frame will not fit the entire ship, I quickly removed the 2x barlow lens in time for me to still able to squeeze in a shot before the it get covered by the ship silhouette as seen below:
5:49 PM PST

Me and my setup

ALP Boardwalk Partial Eclipse Team posed after a successful event!


No comments: