Saturday, September 18, 2010

Solar Imaging Session - September 19, 2010 - AR11106 /11108 Sunspot Groups

Hello:

After an eventful and joyful free public viewing last night in celebration of the International Observe the Moon Night at AstroCamp Observatory in SM MOA San Miguel by the Bay, I wake up this morning to observe and image the Sun again for the 3rd straight day.

The sky this morning is still hazy and seeing condition is poor. Nevertheless, I still proceeded with my routine and manage to image both AR 11106 and AR 11108 Sunspot Groups.

Several medium and large prominences are visible on the solar limb as well. I was planning to image the groups in white light but with several large clouds passing in front of the Sun, I forgo imaging them in white light wavelength. I hope to get a chance tomorrow to image them in white light.



No comments: