Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lunar and Saturn Imaging Session - February 19, 2011

While I was preparing my powerpoint presentaion in basic astrophotography for tomorrow's 3rd Philippine Astronomy Convention opening day at Manila Planetarium, I got to take some break off to stretch my body a bit and went to look at the Waning Gibbous Moon rising from the Eastern horizon. I then do a quick image of the Moon with my TV-101 refractor with Canon 500D DSLR. Seeing was good at about 3 / 5 . Afterwards, I went back to my computer and continue working on my presentation.

But at around 11:15pm, I looked out at the window and saw Saturn is nicely placed already and cant resist myself again and did another quick image of Saturn using same scope but with Philips Toucam 740K webcam and triple stacked 2x barlow lens!!! Although transparency was good, seeing deteriorated at 1 / 5 :( Anyway, image is so so but I can see a small glimpse of the NEB I think near the right side of Saturn. Nevertheless, I'm happy and finally started to image Saturn again. I hope to do another image this coming week.


No comments: