Monday, August 29, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - August 30, 2011 (Large Looped Eruptive Prominence)

The sky this morning was almost cloudy but I could see the Sun lurking out a bit from the clouds but as I try to image it this morning. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to because of the thick clouds and hazy sky! But I could see a large looped eruptive prominence in the NW limb though. Looks like my regular solar imaging session is now about to get started now instead of my previously estimated September 15 timeline for the Sun to pass through our roof obstructions. :)

But at around lunchtime as I was preparing to go out with my family for malling, I saw again the Sun popping out of the hazy sky so I quickly brought my solar setup down to the laundry area to try to image the Sun. As I observe the Sun, the large looped prominence is still present but has lose some part of the loop already but I was still able to image the remains of the large prominence. I was able to image the Sun through heavy haze thus the need to push the processing a bit hard to get details out thus the poor image quality I got today :( Nevertheless, I'm still happy as I got to finally start my solar imaging sessions again :)

Aside from the large prominence, I could also see a newly forming AR11282 Sunspot Group near the western limb as well the the other sunspot groups but I could not image them anymore because the sky got too hazy and cloudy again!!! Grrr..... Better luck again tomorrow.


No comments: