Thursday, January 26, 2012

Solar Imaging Session - January 27, 2012 (2 Large Eruptive Prominences & New AR11409 Sunspot Group!)

I wake up late this morning as I was so tired last night. I quickly setup to observe the Sun and follow yesterday's NE large eruptive prominence. It has grown in size a bit and also starts to expand. A very nice prominence to observe indeed! There is also another beautiful eruptive prominence in the SW limb as well as several large dark filament in the NE and SE quadrant.

Another new sunspot group has emerged from the NE limb and this will probably be designated as AR11410. It also looks promising to grow a little bigger in the days to come.

After I image the Sun in Ha, clouds started to interfere with my white light imaging and seeing condition also drop significantly so images in white light are very poor today but I still proceeded to processed them to give an idea for solar viewers on what to expect when observing AR11408 and AR11410 Sunspot Groups :0






No comments: