Sunday, May 13, 2012

Solar Imaging Session - May 13, 2012 (NE Large Ejected Eruptive Prominence!)

I wake up late this morning and see some sunlight still peeping through my window and since starting last May 1, the Sun is starting to rise more northern till the end of August and this prevents me from observing and imaging the Sun in my regular setup area on that time span :( Since I miss observing and imaging the Sun already, I had to haul down all my solar setup from 3rd floor down to the ground floor on my laundry area to get a short limited solar session which is still better than nothing. In Ha, AR11476 Sunspot Groups shows lots of solar activity inside its core. It also show the dark filaments sprouting out near its core. A nice solar view indeed! @ more sunspot group are also visible namely AR11477 and new AR11478 Sunspot Groups. Another good feature this morning is the presence of an ejected mass of prominence materials in the NE limb! After imaging in Ha wavelength, I quickly setup for high resolution white light imaging session but unfortunately, clouds started to interfere and I was only able to get a section of the huge AR11476's main core structure only :(

No comments: