Friday, July 6, 2012

Lunar Imaging Session - July 6, 2012 (First Astro Light with the ATK-16HR )

Despite a very bad weather this afternoon that wiped out my chance to image the Sun, I was still hopeful that I could still be able to image the Moon as my first light on the ATK-16HR.  The chance of finally be able to get my first shot came this evening when the sky was partly cloudy with some small openings in the sky. I quickly set up the scope and started to wait from 10:00pm till 11:43pm before I could finally image the Waning Gibbous Moon with the ATK-16HR through LRGB filters,  Unfortunately, Im still learning how to align an LRGB or RGB color Moon shot yet so I would just initially share a luminance image of the Moo taken through my TV-101 refractor at prime focus.



The initial image looks promising and noise is low as well with its thermo electric cooling the CCD sensor 25 deg C below my ambient temp of 29 deg C when I was imaging, Looking forward to finally test it out on the real thing...... DSO (Deep Sky Object) !!!


No comments: