Friday, August 24, 2012

Solar Imaging Session - August 25, 2012

Welcome back old Sol! I was finally able to start my solar imaging session again since July 15. With the Sun clearing my Northeasterly obstructions, I can now start to do regular solar imaging sessions once again (weather permitting of course). I wake up late this morning around 8:30am after I return from my Laoag / Baguio work trip. I saw the Sun ray shining finally from my observation window! I didn't waste time to setup right away and despite some clouds hovering near the Sun, I was able to do some short Ha imaging of the NE and SE region of the Sun. Seeing is not that good this morning. There is a new possible AR11555 Sunspot Group that is emerging from the NE limb and together with another new large AR11554 Sunspot Group in the NE quadrant, they are the new kids on the block that are visible on the Sun right now. AR11553 Sunspot Group in the SE quadrant is a joy to view as well despite its small size. Lots of small sunspot groups are also visible on the Sun but with clouds passing in front of the Sun, I only manage to image the NE and SE quadrant only. There are numerous dark filaments that are visible as well as a huge, wide hedgerow prominence that is visible in the SE limb. Overall, It's a nice start for me to do my regular solar imaging session again!

No comments: