Thursday, November 15, 2012

Testing GPUSB Autoguider Interface with Vixen Starbook-S

After testing and getting good result of my ATIK 1HS II webcam long exposure mode with the LX mode parallel to serial adapter and serial to usb adapter, I now tested the Shoestring Astronomy's GPUSB Autoguider Interface connected to my Vixen GP-DX mount's Starbook-S controller's autoguider port which has a standard ST-4 compatible port. Another good thing in my setup is the ATIK-1HS II main power USB port as well as the LX mode Parallel-Serial-USB adapter as well as the Shoestring Astronomy's GPUSB autpguider interface worls well pn the USB hub so that solves my earlier encounter of running out of USB port in my last deep sky imaging session / test at PAGASA observatory last November 11, 2012. I run the GPUSB Check program and tested all the buttons on both RA and Dec if they responded and it works ! :) I then connected everything up to the PHD Autoguiding program and I can control the long exposure mode as well so that should solve the major issues of compatibility and needs realtime test left :)
My Autoguider Complete Setup :)
Shoestring Astronomy's GPUSB Autoguider Interface Connected to Vixen Starbook-S Autoguider Port
Tested the autoguider interface with GPUSB Check Program\
Success!!!

No comments: