Sunday, February 17, 2013

Solar Imaging Session - February 18, 2013 (Huge Long SE Dark Filament!!!)

They sky this morning is very hazy and seeing is very poor. I nevertheless proceeded to observe the Sun in Ha only as image was very soft and hard to focus due to thick haze that I encountered in the morning. There is a huge long dark filament in the SE quadrant that is a joy to look at and image despite the bad seeing condition. There are 2 nice large eruptive prominences that are visible in the NE and SE limb. Several nice sunspot groups are also visible on the Sun's disk namely AR11675 in the NE quadrant, AR11671 in the NW quadrant, AR11676 and AR11673 in the SE quadrant and last but not the least AR11672 in the SW quadrant. Since I will be off to my provincial trip, my next solar imaging session will be in the weekend.

No comments: