Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 9, 2013 Deep Sky Imaging Session

I got to join fellow ALPers to Caliraya last March 9, 2013 for another deep sky imaging session. I was planning to do a set of CCD imaging of the NGC2244 Rosette Nebula in Monoceros but unfortunately, I was only able to do luminance channel only as clouds rolled in before I could do the RGB channel :( Nevertheless, I'm still happy with the results after acquiring around 40 minutes total luminance exposure through my ATIK 16HR monochrome CCD camera on Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS L lens set to 200mm f/4.5 mounted on Vixen GP-DX mount. CCD Temperature -3 deg C . Without the color channels available, I also play around using False Ha color to give some warm to the nebula :) I do hope to get another chance to image this beautiful nebula in the days to come.

No comments: