Sunday, April 27, 2014

Deep Sky Imaging Session - April 26-27, 2014

I went with several members of the Astronomical League of the Philippines last April 26th to observe and image under the dark sky of Caliraya, Laguna. I brought along my old astro imaging setup in ATIK 16HR CCD camera with Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS L lens set at 400mm f/5.6 on Vixen GP-DX mount. The sky was clear almost the whole session but I was only able to image 2 deep sky objects only as I encounter some problems with guiding as well as software malfunction. That leads to my only 20 minutes worth of luminance images of NGC5128 Centaurus A Galaxy. Afterwards, I also got to image the M17 Omega or Swan Nebula which I was able to complete my LRGB set with a total exposure of 2.5 hours. I was also able to get a double rainbow images while awaiting traffic on the road in Los Banos :) It was still a worthy session for me come to think of it as I still got to image 2 objects. Hope to get some more images on our next imaging session at Caliraya, Laguna next month.

No comments: