Sunday, August 21, 2016

Solar Imaging Session - August 22, 2016

The regular solar imaging session for me has now started with the Sun now visible form my observing window once again. The seeing this morning is fair and sky condition is clear and it's good to see the Sun again after several weeks of cloudy and rainy days. AR2578 Sunspot Group is so far the only sunspot group on the solar disk and is very small. I only image in Ha wavelength this morning. Aside from the group, there is also a nice moderate size eruptive prominence in the SE limb.

1 comment:

ernest said...

Hi Kevin,
Just communicate with you regarding the missing link .I witnessed when I was a kid Comet appearance early 70's.It was very very very clear in our naked eyes that night for a 3 to 5 nights in a row.That happened when I lived before in Project 4 ,Quezon city For sure it was visible to the whole Metro Manila and it was in the newspaper like Manila Times.

Im not any Astronomical enthusiast.Now when I researched it just recollecting my past life events regarding the comet appearance that time in early 1970's. I cannot FIND any article,images,showing the comet that appeared on that time when I was a KID.
STRANGE?Is that Comet forgotten?Or it was just missed datas?Not mentioned in The Philippines Astronomical History?
Very Strange?Im really bothered until now still looking for an answer.I sent similar questions to all of your astronomers colleagues and still waiting for answers.
I take it seriously I can give you my current place.
Im not much facebook user but I've sent you message just to get your attention.

Thanks. Hope you can connect me to the missing link

Ernesto Dilan
1111-Canterbury Drive SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
T2W 3G4
Home phone:403 251 0601