Saturday, September 17, 2016

Penumbral Lunar Eclipse Imaging Session - September 17, 2016

The sky this early morning was cooperative for me to document the September 17, 2016 Penumbral Lunar Eclipse from start till end with clouds mostly passing beside the Moon. I went to fellow ALPer Andrew Ian Chan's residence around midnight and meet him at the roof deck. I used a very basic setup to image the event using a Canon EOS 500D DSLR with Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS L lens mounted on a sturdy fluid video tripod. The sky was slightly hazy at the start and also shows a huge 22 degree Moon Halo which worries me a bit as it is a sign that bad weather is coming in a day or two. As the eclipse progresses, the haze thinned out and let both of them get a good view of the penumbral lunar eclipse specially at maximum eclipse which shows a 91% shading at around 02:54am Philippine Standard Time (PST). PST is +8 GMT. The event ended at around 04:50am PST and I packed up and went home. It was very tiring but fruitful session. Thanks to fellow ALPer Andrew Ian Chan for the accommodation and patience to stay with me till end of event.

No comments: