Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Solar Imaging Session - February 9, 2017

The sky this morning is clear and seeing condition is good. I change my imaging configuration once again and use my Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS L lens set at 400mm instead of the Kenko 60mm f.9 refractor to test a favorable compact solar imaging and visual setup that I can use on the ALP free public viewing session on February 12, 2017. Also on this setup for visual, I can use my star diagonal directly on the Daystar Quark Chromosphere Ha Filter with the Canon EF100-400mm L lens set at 400mm to view the Sun full disk with a Celestron 32mm Plossl. Contrast is not bad as well. Small AR2634 Sunspot Group is showing off this morning by producing M flare from its core structure! There is also a nice large eruptive prominence that is visible in the NW limb.

No comments: