Thursday, March 9, 2017

Solar Imaging Session - March 10. 2017

The sky this morning is clear and I was surprised that I can see sunrise now from my observing window but very low. I quickly setup my solar scope setup to quickly try to image the Sun before it gets blocked again by the building! From what I observed this morning, I have about less than 15mins worth of observing and imaging time for me to get it over it before the obstruction. The Sun is blank right now with no sunspot but in Ha wavelength, I got to see a large NW Hedgerow prominence. Seeing condition is also good despite its low altitude from the horizon when I image it.
After lunch, I double check the large hedgerow prominence I imaged this morning and kaboom! It has erupted and shows one faint tall eruption while other section of this prominence had started to collapse already but still a beauty to watched!!!
Lastly, Happy to see my morning shot of the large hedgerow prominence got selected by SolarActivity Image of the Day for March 10th! Yes!

No comments: