Saturday, May 27, 2017

Solar Imaging Session - May 28, 2017

The sky this morning is clear and seeing condition is good. Unfortunately, the Sun is rising a bit to the extreme NE of my observing window and I got less than 10 mins of observing and imaging time left to shoot :( I estimate that my morning solar imaging session will come to end in a day or two as I will be totally obstructed from my observing window till maybe another 3 months except maybe on weekends where I will be imaging on the roof deck of our condominium area. Anyway, with that small imaging time left this morning, I was able to image AR2659 Sunspot Group nearing the NW limb as well as a long dark filament visible in the SE quadrant. There is some plage activity near the NE quadrant but I got obstructed already before I could take any shot. Nevertheless, I should still be happy to image at least 2 shots than nothing at all.

No comments: