Tuesday, December 22, 2020

December 22, 2020 Jupiter Saturn Great Conjunction

 The sky today was very cloudy and honestly, I didn't have plans to do any imaging of the conjunction as it looks very impossible to get any shot at all. But after I got home at 5:30pm, I look out of our house window and some possible cloud breakup where Jupiter and Saturn are located so I quickly setup my Borg 76ED refractor with Canon EOS M6 mirrorless camera mounted on Vixen GPDX mount and patiently waits. As soon as I saw the 2 planets from my wide field shot at 6:03pm from my Huawei P40 Pro at 27mm (35mm equivalent) at f/1.9 on 1/20 sec exposure at ISO 2500, I quickly fired away a few shots before clouds started to interfere again. Images was taken at prime focus of Borg 76ED refractor at 500mm f/6.5 at 1/30sec at ISO 800 while the one showing overexposed Jupiter with Jovian Moons and Saturn ere taken at 1/2 sec exposure at ISO 1600.








No comments: