Sunday, June 8, 2008

Nice Conjunction


After reading from www.spaceweather.com that there will be a nice conjunction of the crescent Moon together with planet Saturn and bright star Regulus o June 8 (June 9 Phil Time), I got to get a chance in early evening to image them one day in advance so that I can compare their positions in the sky. I have attached an image I taken this evening which shows the Moon below Saturn and Regulus and planet Mars below the overexposed Moon. Image taken using Canon 300D with EF-S 18mm-55mm lens set at 55mm (85mm in 35mm format) at f/5.6 .

Tomorrow will be a nice photo opportunity for astro-imagers to get a nice shot of the close conjunction so I'm looking forward to imaging it probably with ym new 650IS digicam as it wil arive tomorrow for my pickup :) Hope it wont cloud me out with it :) LOL

No comments: