Monday, September 1, 2008

Solar Imaging Session - September 1, 2008 (Nice Eruptive Prominence )

Hello:

To my disappointment this morning, the many large prominences are now gone but there is still one nice eruptive prominence there to give me sort of finale view before it disappears as well :( My solar image taken yesterday August 31 was featured at www.spaceweather.com! I personally like that image as full of nice prominences! Its been a while already that we were able to see so many prominences in one frame :) LOL

For the solar images below, one can see the big eruptive prominence that is easily seen even in low power view. If one look closely at the pic below,you can see a big, tall faint bar prominence in between the large prom as well as the smaller but brighter prominence as well. I wasn't able to see that one until I was imaging it. Even in the image below it is hard to see and can go unnoticed :)

In the image below on the other hand, the prominence is small but cute and since it is visible, I got to image it altogether :) Seeing this morning was not that good at 1/5 but still ok IMHO.


No comments: