Thursday, September 4, 2008

Solar Imaging Session - September 4, 2008 (Nice Long Bar Prominence)

Hello:

The sky this morning was not that good but I still try to glimpse at the Sun and was happy to see a long slightly bended large bar prominence! The height of the prominence is a joy to look at. There was another medium size prominence at the Sun's limb but I wasn't able to image it as clouds suddenly cover the sky where the Sun is located. :(


In the afternoon, I was able to make a followup look at the prominence through small openings in the cloudy sky and saw that the prominence had erected a bit to stand a little taller than what I saw in the morning. After I image this beautiful prominence, Rain suddenly poured hard without any warning . Thank God I had packed up most of my stuff from the laundry area where I image the Sun :) LOL

No comments: