Monday, January 3, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - January 3, 2011 (3 Sunspot Groups & Nice Dark Filaments and Large Eruptive Prominences !!! )

Finally, after several non productive solar imaging sessions because of cloudy skies since December 27, I finally got to image the Sun again for the year 2011! Sky this morning was slightly hazy and seeing initially was good. I quickly setup my PST-Ha asap and started to view the Sun and saw 3 groups of sunspots on the Sun. AR11140 Sunspot Group has a nice large symmetrical structure with nice circular umbra and penumbra structure. AR11141 Sunspot Group , on the other hand is nearing the NW limb and its pale structure is energize with a beautiful large eruptive prominence! AR11142 Sunspot Group in Ha wavelength also show a nice arching flare jumping above the group :) Numerous group of dark filaments are also visible near the group which adds beauty to it :)







Unfortunately, seeing becomes bad after I started to image the Sun in white light wavelength. Image was so jumpy that I had to waste a lot of frames for each of the 3 sunspot groups and can only come out with very few fair frames for me to use to compose each image. Nevertheless, the 3 images still shows some details but a bit noisy :(






I do hope to do better white light imaging tomorrow if seeing and weather condition permit me to.

No comments: