Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - September 29, 2011 ( 6 Sunspot Groups and Nice Eruptive Prominence! )

I return to Manila this morning from Legaspi City and was greeted with a partially clear morning sky! Since I was very excited to see how AR11302 Sunspot Group is undergoing the past days, I didn't waste time to start to observe and image the Sun as soon as I was able to see the Sun clear our neighbor's building.

As expected, AR11302 Sunspot Group was a real beauty in terms of structure. Seeing was also very good when I observe the Sun in early stage of my session but started to deteriorate right after I image the group in white light image.

There are 6 Sunspot Groups that are visible on the Sun's disk but one of the group doesn't have yet an official designation yet but I'm pretty sure it will be designated as AR11307 Sunspot Group which can be seen in the NE limb.

AR11305 and AR11306 Sunspot Group are not very interesting in both Ha and white light but the small insconspicious AR11304 and AR11301 Sunspot Groups are showing very nice solar activities in its core in Ha light but boring in white light wavelength.

Other interesting features on the Sun is a nice large eruptive prominence that is visible in the NW limb. 2 smaller eruptive prominences can also be viewed in the SW and SE limb.










No comments: