Monday, November 14, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - November 14, 2011 (Huge SE Hedgerow Prominence & Very Long Dark Filaments !!! )

The Sun this morning is very hazy and I could only see the glow of the Sun through the clouds, but since I was monitoring the growth of the SE huge hedgerow prominence, I waited patiently and try to image it through super hazy sky! All I can manage to image are super soft surface detail and almost invisible prominence that I could barely see. But this didn't break my patience and spirit so I continue to wait for more than another hour of frustration before some clouds starting to disperse where the Sun is located and true enough amid still slightly hazy sky, I was finally able to see its actual size and imaged it! The huge prominence's length in the SE limb has narrowed today but increase in its height. First time to monitor a huge prominence for more than 4 days and how it grow! :)

The other huge prominence in NE limb has simmered down already and might disappear altogether tomorrow IMHO. But the NE quadrant's super mega long dark filament continues to get longer and I don;t know how long it will still stretch before it snaps :0

AR11339 Sunspot Group is also near the edge of western limb and will exit by tomorrow. The rest of the other sunspot groups are stable and not much activity on their structure.





No comments: