Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - November 3, 2011 (Desperately Seeking Sunspots!)

The sky this morning was super cloudy but since I was expecting to get even a small glimpse of the 2 new large sunspot groups namely AR11339 in NE limb and AR11338 in the SE limb, I desperately setup my scope and waited whole morning to try my luck :0

At around 8:30am, some small thinning of the clouds on the Sun had me desperately trying to capture it through fast passing clouds that will surely test one's patience and while i was able to get a very short AVI shot, rain started to drizzle and shut the sky down again.

I was able to get a short video clip for processing and at least it show the 2 big groups as well as 2 smaller groups AR11336 and AR11337 plus some nice groups of eruptive prominence through cloudy sky! Not good but still OK IMHO.

No comments: