Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Solar Imaging Session - January 15, 2013

The sky this morning is very hazy and partly cloudy. Seeing though is fair. It was a very hard imaging session today as I have to fight with passing clouds again and was able to do some imaging through the least cloud as much as possible. There are numerous huge hedgerow prominences around the Sun! They can be seen in the NE, SE and SW quadrant. AR11654 Sunspot Group shows some active activity with 2 nice large twisting flares with dark filament between its 2 main core groups. The huge large twisting dark filament in the SW quadrant near AR11655 Sunspot Group is still visible. I tried imaging full disk of the Sun but pesky fast passing clouds keep crossing the Sun and even after more than 100 frames, I couldn't still get a good image which is devoid of clouds so I had to settle with the least clouds present shot :( I took a final parting shot of AR11654 Sunspot Group through clouds. It has reach maximum stretch as it pass central meridian of the Sun and will start to undergo again Wilson Effect as it starts to exit into the western limb. I will miss it exiting the Sun as I had to go for more than a week long provincial work trip. Nevertheless, thank you AR11654 Sunspot Group for a great show.

No comments: