Friday, October 10, 2014

Solar Imaging Session - October 10, 2014

The sky this afternoon is very hazy and seeing condition is even worst!!! I try to view the Sun in Ha with the Double Stacked Coronado PST-Ha and the visual view was really dim! Nevertheless, I still proceeded to try imaging it. As expected it was very difficult to image and all my exposure settings has gone crazy that I'm using a 120fps camera at 10fps in 640x480 mode! That was how bad the haze is under my imaging session. But I still force myself to capture a few images to share, There is a huge faint eruptive prominence near the SE limb near AR12186 Sunspot Group as well as a huge long dark filament near the center of the Sun. Departing AR12182 Sunspot Group is a bit quiet as it near the SW limb. Overall, the session is a learning experience again for me to dealing with double stacked Ha scopes that it is more challenging and demanding that you have a good clear sky to get good results :)

No comments: