Saturday, February 7, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - February 8, 2015 (Huge Dark Filament !!!)

The sky this morning is clear but I had to wait till around 9:10am before I could start any shot due to the tall darn building in front of my eastern horizon! It's been more than a week since I did any solar imaging session and this will continue to get worst as the days pass and eventually will get obstructed and resume again maybe after 2 months except on weekend imaging at the laundry area :( === Anyway, as I turn on my imaging capture software, I was almost blown out of my seat by seeing such a super huge long dark filament that stretches almost half disk of the Sun!!! Numerous group of eruptive prominences as well as smaller dark filaments are also visible on the surface of the Sun! I wasn't able to do any white light imaging anymore as observing window time is less than 30 minutes :( Nevertheless, I'm still happy with the results.

No comments: