Friday, March 27, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - March 27, 2015 (Huge Hedgerow Prominence)

The sky this morning is partly cloudy and I had a hard time imaging. Seeing condition is also not good as well. Its been almost 3 weeks since I did any solar imaging session. With my plan to return the SM40 back to my friend this week after a few month's testing, I decided to use the Coronado PST-Ha again on its own once again and true enough , I think the results can still give me some confidence to do it again after a few months of having luxury of double stacking the PST-Ha with SM40. There is a huge Hedgerow Prominence in the NE limb while moderate size AR2305 Sunspot Group is a joy to view at with a twisting huge dark filaments surrounding the group :) LOL To be able to image these 2 images, I had to wait more than 2.5 hours before I got a small hole to do a fast one before I got clouded out again. As they say Astronomy teaches us to be humble and patient :) Truly it is!

No comments: