Friday, March 27, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - March 28, 2015

The sky this morning is partly cloudy but I was surprised to see the Sun visible again in the morning window view! That's great for me as I can do regular solar imaging session again from 7:30-8:30am ! Wohoo!!! As for this morning, seeing condition is fair but I was only able to snap AR2305 Sunspot Group region as clouds started to cover the Sun after I took an image. BTW, the huge hedgerow prominence visible in the NE limb is gone :( Although I was able to see another large hedgerow prominence in the SE limb, couldn't manage to image it as got clouded out and later obstructed by the tall darn building once again :( Anyway, a consolation shot for me is the inclusion of a nice moderate size looped prominence in the NW limb in the image I took of AR2305. AR2305 Sunspot Group region is a beauty as it is swarmed with numerous large twisted dark filaments surround the area where the group is located. I had to lighten my processing a bit for this image so as not to dimmed out the cute moderate size looped prominence :) Image taken with a stock Coronado PST-Ha with 2x barlow lens with ZWO ASI120MM webcam. No white light of AR2305 Sunspot Group this morning because of the circumstances.

No comments: