Thursday, December 2, 2010

Solar Imaging Session - December 2, 2010 (New AR11131 & AR11130 Sunspot Groups and Large Eruptive Prominence !!! )

The sky this morning was cloudy but since i can still see some faint hint of sunlight passing through the thick clouds, I still persuaded myself to stick it out and monitor on development of AR11130 Sunspot Group. AR11130 Sunspot Group's main leading spot still has a good structure but the rest of the sunspot pores in this group is starting to decay a bit from my observation this morning. The large eruptive prominence that was visible yesterday can still be seen today and still shows a nice appearance and structure :) Nevertheless, I had a great time to be able to monitor the development of this nice sunspot group! :)

There is also another new sunspot group in the NE limb and thanks to fellow solar observer Howard Eskildsen's advance notification of this new group, I wasted no time in also trying to capture it like AR11130 both in Ha and white light wavelength. AR11131 Sunspot Group seems to have a very good sized leading spot but since it is still near the limb (Wilson's Effect), we can never tell how large this group will be until about 2-3 days time....... I feel this will give us solar addicts another exciting week and continue to give us excitement on what to expect after AR11130 Sunspot Group exits the NW limb in a few days. :0

To be honest, I was playing cat and mouse game with the thick clouds whole morning be fore I went to work. Seeing condition this morning is poor but what the heck! Important thing is that I still manage to image both groups :)





No comments: