Friday, April 6, 2012

Saturn Imaging Session - April 7, 2012

I was tired from my trip to SM by the bay this afternoon to try to image sunset at Manila Bay as well as passing by Astrocamp Observatory together with my family as well as my astro dog Bolt (His first visit to an observatory). The sky in the early evening was a bit cloudy thus I had concluded that it is another rest day for me tonight. But I can't seem to get myself to lay in bed and relax so I head out of my observation window and try to see if sky is clear. Indeed it was partly clear so despite my tiredness, I brought my setup down to the laundry area and let the scope cool down for an hour before I attempted any imaging of Saturn.

To my surprise, seeing condition was very good and planet Saturn was almost not shimmering at all! I quickly grab 2 AVIs before clouds interfered again! Oh well..... Below is my image of the beautiful ringed planet :)

No comments: