Saturday, April 28, 2012

Venturing Into CCD Astrophotography

Finally got to get the ATK-16HR and filter wheel set from my ALP colleague John Nassr yesterday . It will be my first time to test out CCD imaging to add a new field of astrophotography after 9 years of DSLR astrophotography wherein I was the one who pioneered it here locally to use DSLR to do astrophotography. This morning, I got to find time to test out software and optical configuration of the ATK-16HR with my TV-101 refractor. Got to check focus, exposure and how LRGB imaging works in preparation for next weekend real time first light on stars. I also got to know that I needed a 2" extension tube for me to reach focus and more or less, it has the same focus distance That I have when I'm doing prime focus photography. Its good thing also to test them out at m place before I haul them all out to the field which makes things more troublesome. Hope to do more testing in the days to come before weekend arrives to do real first light on the stars.

No comments: