Saturday, September 19, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - September 20, 2015

After a very exhausting but enjoyable International Observe the Moon Night last night, I wake up late in the morning I had very limited time left for me to do solar imaging thus I was only able to acquire Ha wavelength only. For this session, I also change some imaging parameters from what I'm regularly using over the years. I lost some frame rate but the contrast of my images are clearer and more details from what I observed. I will try to use this new parameters for the moment and see if it is consistent over a span of several sessions. The huge SE hedgerow prominence visible past few days had already collapse toward the Sun's surface as it also rotated a bit toward the Sun's surface. Thus it is now a huge wide dark filament at the moment. AR2419 Sunspot Group is undergoing a lot of flaring activity inside its core. AR2418 Sunspot Group, on the other hand, shows a nice large dark filament coming out from its core. Same as AR2415 Sunspot Group which is starting to decay as it moves closer to the SW limb.

No comments: