Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - September 30, 2015

With the observing window getting narrower and narrower each day with the Sun rising toward the SE as the days goes by, I have to test a new time session never tested by me before as first time that I will be imaging in the 22:30-22:50 UT time frame. Difficulty is the fact the Sun will just be about 14 degrees high above the eastern horizon :( Nevertheless, I did try it and was blessed with the effort of being able to image a super huge tall eruptive prominence in the SW limb near the very active AR2422 Sunspot Group! AR2422 Sunspot Group is also very active in its core. I couldn't image further any white light or Ha images as I already got obstructed by the tall building. :(
At around 10:30am, the Sun is still shining brightly and I can't resist the temptation to double check how the prominence is doing so I setup again and try to image the prominence again after 4 hours and the result is the prominence is still quite huge but one can see it is starting to deteriorate a bit already... hopefully, there is still some good size prominence left of this great feature today. As for white light imaging. I had to struggle to get a shot of the huge AR2422 Sunspot Group to no avail as the best that I could get is a very poor muddy image and add insult to injury is the fact that it even rain after I capture it while packing up. Oh well.... can't get the best of everything :) LOL Nevertheless, I'm still happy with the Ha imaging session.

No comments: