Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - December 23, 2015

The sky this morning is hazy and partly cloudy. It's been more than 12 days since the last time I did solar imaging as weather not good as well as lots of work :( Despite poor seeing condition, I still proceeded to image AR2370, 2372 and 2373 Sunspot Groups. AR2373 Sunspot Group is erupting with perhaps a M class flare at the moment I'm imaging it. Several nice dark filaments can also be seen near AR2372 Sunspot Group. Aside from that mostly small eruptive prominences can be seen around the disk with the biggest one in the SW limb. I also got to test out an old version of Astro Trac TT320 star tracker for solar imaging work. I need to really balance the scope both RA and Dec for me to get a small push only to center the image on Dec as this star tracker has only RA drive. Very hard to center object if unbalance both axis as there is no controller or slow motion knob to nudge the field of view.

No comments: