Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Solar Imaging Session - December 24, 2015

The sky this morning is clear and seeing condition is fair. AR2473 Sunspot Group has mellowed down a bit after releasing an M-class flare yesterday. Both AR2470 and 2472 Sunspot Groups are quiet. There is also a nice large group of eruptive prominences visible in the SE limb. As I was planning to image in white light, lots of miseries and frustrations occurred as the Astro Trac wasn't able to hold my heavier TV-101 refractor thus had a hard time focusing on the sunspots. Adding insult to injury are sudden deterioration of seeing condition plus slight roof obstruction hamper my attempt :( Oh well, I will try again with another white light configuration which will involve a lighter and shorter tube to lessen wobbling on the mount. How I miss my GP-DX mount which can easily carry my solar setup with ease :0 I had my RA motors sent back to Vixen for repairs thus I had to settle for my lighter mount for now till it return back to me in January.

No comments: