Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - December 21, 2011 (Huge Long Dark Filament & Large Hedgerow Prominence !!!)

The sky this morning is hazy and partly cloudy as I unload my luggage from my trip from Laoag and Baguio work trip. I saw a small window of sunlight peeping out from the clouds so I didn't waste any time to snap a few shots before I head back again to my Tarlac work trip again.

Both AR11382/81 & AR11377/76 Sunspot Group are very active in its core while AR11384 Sunspot Group in the NE limb is also starting to get active as well as small AR11383 Sunspot Group developing below it. There is also a huge long dark filament visible in the NE quadrant as well as numerous smaller dark filaments in the NW quadrant. A large hedgerow prominence dominate the NW limb :0



No comments: