Sunday, December 11, 2011

Total Lunar Eclipse Imaging Session - December 10-11, 2011

The sky in the afternoon was raining and very cloudy, But we were fortunate later in the evening to be able to observe the eclipse almost on its entirely :) Since the Moon glides near the southernmost umbral shadow, the bright southern limb is visible and not quite red like that of last June 16th total lunar eclipse :0 Since the weather was slightly cloudy with haze, I opted to use the Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 set at 400mm f/5.6 instead of adding a EF 1.4x extender so I will have a faster f/ratio just in case weather gone cloudy during totality :0 I also use my portable mount for this session in Kenko Sky Memo-R tracker instead of the Vixen GP-DX mount which I used last June 16th total lunar eclipse session.

I was observing the eclipse with fellow members of the Astronomical League of the Philippines (ALP) at AstroCamp Observatory Services in SM Mall of Asia San Miguel by the Bay. It was a great astro event as we were also able to share the eclipse view to the crowd as well!









No comments: