Friday, October 28, 2011

Jupiter Imaging Session - October 28, 2011 (Jupiter at Opposition)

Jupiter tonight is almost near opposition and that had me wanting to document the event amid a dull face in the Jovian planet except for a few small white festoons and a nice barge in the NEB region.

I rechecked the collimation of the SCT at high magnification and it is still dead center so I guess it is the poor seeing condition tonight that hampers on the quality of the image. Nevertheless, I was observing the event together with fellow ALPer Dennis Llante and both of us had bad seeing condition as well.

Also, I had a poor polar alignment tonight thus like Dennis, I had to constantly pressing both RA and Dec buttons every 5 seconds to make sure it is near the center of the field as I exposed on Jupiter. I also found that that I need to also cut down on the imaging duration next time so as to lessen rotational blur that is visible on the limb :( Nevertheless, I'm ok with the result of the final image.

No comments: