Monday, October 24, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - October 24, 2011 (Nice AR11330 Sunspot Group)

The sky this morning was initially cloudy and I thought it is another frustrating day for me to do solar imaging again but at around 8:00am. sky then suddenly starts to clear for a moment and I didn't waste any moment and start imaging the Sun.

AR11330 Sunspot Group is the highlight on the Sun today and it has beautiful dual umbral structure which is a good thing to monitor in the days to come. AR11324 Sunspot Group is starting to decay but is still quite big in size. AR11327 Sunspot Group also possessed a nice umbral structure while AR11325 Sunspot Group is a nice group but is dull compared to the other groups that is visible on the Sun.

The large dark filament near AR11324 is still quite long and together with another nice dark filament that is visible in the SE limb is a joy to look at.

As I was starting to image in white light, here goes again stubborn clouds that cover the Sun again and I wasted about 30 minutes of imaging time thus when the Sun emerges again from the clouds, I had to scamper to tyr to image all the big groups on the Sun but unfortunately on my final 2 images on AR11327 and AR11325 groups, I had light cut off already due to roof obstruction thus producing a slightly soft image :( Nevertheless, important is to be able to document them all :)







No comments: