Thursday, October 13, 2011

Solar Imaging Session - October 14, 2011 ( Nice Dark Filaments ! )

The sky this morning was very hazy! Nevertheless, I still proceeded to try to observe the NW limb to check on any remnants left of the huge eruptive prominence last October 12th. As expected, the once huge prominence is almost gone with still a small remnant prominence is left of it :( Center of attraction on the Sun now is on AR11314 region and AR11316 Sunspot Groups.

AR11314 Sunspot Group shows a lot of solar activity in its region with 2 large dark filaments surrounding the group :) The large NE eruptive prominence I saw last October 12th is still there but has started to subside already.

Unfortunately, thicker haze and clouds started to cover up the sky when I'm taking my second set of Ha image centered on AR11312 Sunspot Group and I couldn't image the AR11316 Sunspot Group anymore as I had to end my session as I'm already a bit late for work already. :(


No comments: