Monday, January 14, 2013

Solar Imaging Session - January 14, 2013 (Huge AR11654 Sunspot Group Grows Larger !)

The sky this morning is cloudy and I wasn't expecting to do any imaging this morning. But deep inside me, the urge to image is still evident as I force myself to setup despite very cloudy sky as I was able to see some glimpses of the Sun peeking out of the the dark clouds once in a while :) I had to wait patiently for more than an hour and could see some thinning of the clouds in front of the Sun sop I started to turn on my setup and continue waiting. After a while, I can see the Sun's surface in Ha wavelength but lots of pesky fast moving clouds continue to pass in front of the Sun!!! Grrrr..... then I was blessed with a small opening of less than 15 minutes I guess so I started to fire away at the Sun and was able to see Giant AR11654 Sunspot Groups grow larger in length as it starts to come out of Wilson Effect. After taking a quick set of Ha images, I turn to white light high resolution and was able to get an image before I got clouded out again thus wasn't able to do full disk again!!! Sigh! Nevertheless, still happy with the results as I think seeing was slightly better than yesterday session :)

No comments: