Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Mayon Volcano Imaging Session - September 27, 2014

I wake up again early around 5:00am to check on Mayon Volcano for the last time before I headed back to Naga City later. As expected, I wasn't able to record any orange lava glow once again! :( I think the volcano will not be erupting anytime based from my experience imaging Mayon since 1980s. The small lava flow visible past 2 weeks ago is just a sort of small burp only :) Strangely though was the fact that the local government raised the alert level to 3 might be a bit exaggerated IMHO. I think Alert level 1 should be more appropriate and only evacuate up to maximum 2 kms danger zone only. I pity the people being forced to live in cramp school grounds as I heard a lot of them are complaining on overcrowded environment and lack of food and water. I can understand as well the local government decision to safeguard their people but I felt this eruption matter is a bit exaggerated. I do hope that the local folks will be allowed to return to their home outside the 2km danger zone so they can live in a better environment. Anyway, Here are some of my last day shots that I took of the volcano using Canon EOS 500D DSLR on Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS L lens set at f/16. Nevertheless, the 3 day session in monitoring Mayon is still worth it as Mayon is majestically beautiful :)

No comments: