Thursday, March 30, 2017

Deep Sky Imaging Session - March 25-26, 2017

I got to join some members of the Astronomical League of the Philippines to test a new site at Big Handys Ground Campsite in Tanay, Rizal. Its about 1.5 hours trip from Manila. Since the terrain is a bit hard to access without a 4x4 car, one would need to walk up about 200meters up a rough road and another 30-40 steps ladder to reach the camp site. The effort is worth it as one can get to see a beautiful 360 degree view of beautiful mountain range. With early knowledge of the terrain, I brought along my portable imaging setup which includes my Canon EOS1000D (M) and EOS 500D DSLRs mounted on top of a reliable Kenko Sky Memo-R star tracker. During the course of the night, I was bale to image NGC 3372 Eta Carina Nebula in Carina, NGC5139 Omega Centauri Globular Star Cluster in Centaurus, Comet 41/P Tuttle-Giacobini-Kreasak as well as the pair of M8 Lagoon and M20 Triffid Nebula in Sagittarius and last but not the least, the thin crescen Moon with Earthshine to conclude the session. I do hope to return back with my fellow ALPers in the months to come and we would like to thank the great hospitality of Mam May and Sir Ernie Serrano as well as fun time with their lovely dogs Ella, Tektite and my favorite Aria, Alaskan Malamute.

No comments: