Friday, July 6, 2018

Jupiter and Saturn Imaging Session - July 4 / 5, 2018

The sky this evening is partly cloudy and hazy. Seeing condition is also very poor. I used a Meade 8" f/10 SCT with ZWO ASI120MM webcam with Baader RGB filters and Televue 2.5x Powermate as imaging gear for the session. I started out with Jupiter as my first target and it was very hard to focus as it was like a jelly bean so it took me a while to be able to do slightly better focusing a bit after the telescope had cooled don for more than 1.5 hours. Nevertheless despite playing hide and seek with the clouds, I was able to get small window for me to get a set of RGB image and with the clouds keeping me at bay most of the night, I just get a little bit more of patience to wait for Saturn to clear the building for me to do also a single set of RGB image as well. Despite the poor condition that I was experiencing, I'm still glad to still have some time viewing Jupiter and Saturn as well as image them both at the same night. Hopefully , will have better seeing condition in future imaging session.

No comments: