Thursday, February 16, 2023

Deep Sky Imaging Session - February 15, 2023

The sky this evening clear and I was able to test out the Svbony SV220 7nm Duo Narrowband Filter on NGC2244 Rosette Nebula in Monoceros. First time to use a narrowband filter instead of my traditional STC AstroMultiSpectra broadband filter. This filter suppressed the light pollution in city as well as allow only the Ha and OIII wavelength. I was only able to get a total of 60 minutes exposure before I got obstructed by roof. I use a ZWO ASI294MC PRO astro camera on Borg 76ED Refractor with Svbony SV220 Duo filter with ZWO ASIAIR v1 mounted on Vixen GPDX mount with Starbook-S controller. Overall, I think the filter is good for its value compare to the more expensive Optolong LXtreme and STC Astro Duo narrowband filters. I hope to get more test subjects and longer total integration exposures in the days to come.

No comments: