Saturday, August 23, 2008

Solar Ha Imaging Session - August 23, 2008

Hello:

I just got back from my provincial trip and was glad that I can again view the Sun through my eastern window in the morning. The Sun had shifted NE during the months of May through mid August so during these times, I had to setup my scope to image the Sun at the laundry area of my place. But starting mid August till May, I would be able to image the Sun once agan at the comfort of my house's window :) The seeing was not that great today but I was able to see 2 nice eruptive prominence on the Sun's limb.

I quickly setup my PST-Ha and got to image to the 2 prominences before clouds covered the Sun again :( Below are the images that I took using an ATK-1HS II webcam on Coronado PST-Ha and 2x barlow lens. Seeing was 1/5.


No comments: