Thursday, November 13, 2008

Solar Imaging Session - November 13, 2008

Hello:

This morning, although a bit hazy, I try to image the Sun as I read from Spaceweather.com that AR 1008 Sunspot Group is visible and so I waited till the breaks of the clouds for me to image it. From Ha view, the main sunspot group of AR1008 is clearly visible. Aside from the group, I was also able to image a very faint large eruptive prominence that was faintly visible but really large. Another smaller eruptive prominence is also visible in the limb.

I was planning to image the AR1008 through white light but unfortunately, clouds cover the Sun and thus, I wasn't able to test my new William Optics DCL-52 digital lens with my Canon 650IS digicam on TV-101 refractor :( Hopefully tomorrow I would be able to do that before the group exits the western limb.




No comments: